Thursday 31 January 2013

Guest Author Interview - Max E Stone

Welcome to day 5 of the guest author interview blitz. Today Max E Stone tells about his work.



Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
My name is Max E. Stone. I am an avid reader and a fiction writer.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I started writing at the age of nine. I always had a love for it. However, the first one to notice was my fifth grade teacher. Truthfully, I think she picked up on it before I did. Anyway, she told my parents that I had a real gift and to nurture it and they did.

What attracted you to crime fiction?
To me crime fiction is like a brain teaser. You think the story will go one way, but sometimes the mystery will go somewhere completely different.  That's why I like about it. It is unpredictable. Every page turn is like a rollercoaster ride for your mind.

If you could work with any author, who would it be?
David Baldacci. Like I said before, I love novels that surprise you at every turn. His novels definitely do that for me.

What is your favourite book?
That's a tough one. I read a lot of books. I recently finished "A Necessary Evil" by Alex Kava and it is definitely on my favorites list.

What do you enjoy most about writing?
Brainstorming. To me, getting all of my ideas out on paper before I start writing, or sometimes after, is the best part. I can see where I want to go in the story before I start. Even when the characters take me somewhere else, I can look at my notes and still keep the basic premise.

And the least?
There's nothing I don't like about writing. Even the most frustrating parts of writing are fun for me.

What advice would you give new and aspiring authors?
Look for unconvential methods to getting yourself published and get advice from avid readers. My mother actually told me about getting myself published through ebook format. Also, never give up. If its your dream and you're willing to work for it, it will happen.

What are you working on at the moment?
At the moment, I am writing my second novel, a sequel to the first. It will be released in April 2013.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
My latest work is my first novel, August to Life. You find out more on http://www.amazon.com/August-to-Life-ebook/dp/B008E9KLV2/ or on my website, http://maxestone.wix.com/maxestone. Thanks!

Thanks to Max for sharing his thoughts with us, tomorrow we welcome Laura Libricz to the hot seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment