Thursday 14 March 2013

The Best Fruit (New 100 Word Story)

A new 100 story has been posted in the Indie Bargains newsletter - visit http://www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk/ to sign up for the daily newsletter of  free and bargain Kindle books.

The Best Fruit


"Hi honey, I'm home!"

"Hi darling."

"What's for dinner?"

"I've been in the orchard and gathered some wonderful fruit."

"Sounds great. I've not seen these before. They look bigger and more scrumptious than usual."

"Well, it was the most amazing thing. I was picking fruit and a serpent spoke to me."

"A serpent?"

"Yes, I didn't believe it at first. But he told me where to find the best fruit."

"Oh."

"Indeed. He led to me to the centre of the orchard and there I saw the biggest and most beautiful tree."

Adam felt a sinking sensation in his stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment