Friday 22 November 2013

Guest Author Interview - Nenia Campbell

In today's guest author interview I meet Nenia Campbell, you can find out what she has to say below:

 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16225719-terrorscape
Click to visit book page on Goodreads


Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
I'm Nenia...and I'm an independent author (I feel like I'm in Independent Authors Anonymous here, haha).

What first inpsired you to start writing?
I've been making up stories since I was about four or five years old. I loved pretend games. I'm part of the last generation that didn't grow up surrounded by internet, cell phones, and video games; pretend games were the major staple of my entertainment as a kid. I guess my inner-child just never grew up.

If you could spend a day with anyone from history, who would it be and why?
Shakespeare. Let's get the truth once and for all!

Which book has had the most influence on you?
Fire and Hemlock by Diana Wynne Jones. I've read it so many times and each time I get something new out of it.

What is your favourite song lyric?
"I'm sitting on a citadel / contemplating life / making a point to waste my time."

Where is your happy place?
My bed, especially now that it's been converted to a window seat.

What advice would you give new and aspiring authors?
Be nice to your readers; treat them the way you would the clientele in a fancy restaurant. Don't feel entitled to positive reviews.

What are you working on at the moment?
A fluffy road trip story, an urban fantasy, and my to-read list. (I have way too many books...)

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
I just finished my first trilogy! The last book was Terrorscape and it's about a young psychopath and the object of his obsession. I post regular updates on my blog about giveaways and release dates and promotions, so that's the best way to keep yourself updated about my books. I also have an emailing list, so if you want to ping me a PM, I'll add you to it. :)

Books by Nenia Campbell on Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment