Wednesday 20 November 2013

Murder Drabbles - Oops I did it Again

The latest in the murder drabbles series has been posted in the Indie Book Bargains newsletter (thanks Rosen), you can also recive a daily does of delicious drabbles via the Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/drabbles

If you haven't read the rest of the Murder Drabbles series yet then you can do so here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/murder-drabbles.html

And now for the drabble...

Oops I did it Again

I need to control this impulse for murder, for the second time I have killed without forethought. Even amidst the rush a voice deep inside admonishes me that I will be caught if I am not more careful.

That sensible part is correct, but the feeling at the moment of death is beyond anything in human experience. It is rapture, kissing that last breath brings me an understanding of every truth.

A truth that the world exists only for me.

The nagging voice doesn’t silence though and now what am I to do with the body in this public place?

No comments:

Post a Comment