Friday 13 December 2013

Guest Author Interview - Anthony Price

In today's guest author interview we meet Anthony Price, you can find out more about him and his writing below:


Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
My name is Anthony R. Price but i write under A.R. Price to help keep me separated from all of the other authors with the same name.I am a 32 year old veteran of the U.S. Navy and am married with 3 wonderful children. Right now I am finishing up my second degree while working two part time jobs and finishing my second book. My first book The Apothecary Murders is available through Amazon.com in print and kindle. My second book The Apothecary Murders Second Harvest should be available soon.

What first inspired you to start writing?
Stephen King first inspired me to become a writer. The way his stories would scare me as a child and keep me on the edge of my seat needing to find out what was going to happen next. This excitement made me want to be able to give that feeling to other people.

And what attracted you to writing about the darker side of life?
What helped me make that choice is the fact that the scariest stories you will ever hear are the ones that could really happen. Sci-Fi is great but we all know that there isn't a pod person living next door, but there could be a very troubled individual that might target you out of their own delusion. That to me is the scary part anyone out there could snap at any moment sending them off the deep end and you would never know it till it was too late.

Where is your happy place?
My happy place is right at home with my wife and kids. We do everything together as a family. I spend every possible minute I can with them.

What was the last book you read?
Dolores Claiborne although not even close to being the first time i ever read it, it is a great story and i started and finished it in one day.

What is the best piece of writing advice you have received?
Don't give up. It is so easy to get discouraged when you get a block or overwhelmed by the process but if you just keep pushing a little harder every day you will get it.

What is your favourite song lyric?
It comes from Sick Puppies: Rip Tide
I, I won't justify
The way I live my life
'Cause I'm the one livin' it
Feelin' it, tastin' it
And you're just wasting your time
Trying to throw me a line
When you're the one drowning
I like where I'm at on my back
Floating down in my own riptide
The water is fine

What are you working on at the moment?
Right now i am about half way through my second book The Apothecary Murders: Second Harvest

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
The Apothecary Murders is a great creepy story about a troubled youth that grows up to become a serial killer. He believes he it helping the earth by ridding it of terrible people and uses natural poisons and venom's for his work. There is a trailer I made to give a better flow of the story here: 


You can message me or say hi on face book: https://www.facebook.com/anthony.price.1650

Or on goodreads.com. Thanks Keep reading but make sure you keep leaving reviews and feedback.
The Apothecary Murders is available from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment