Thursday 30 January 2014

Guest Authors Revisited - Carl T Smith

In today's guest authors revisted interview I catch up with thriller author Carl T Smith, find out what he's been up to since we last spoke below:


http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006YJ8VN4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B006YJ8VN4&linkCode=as2&tag=phasespacenet-21


What has changed in your life since we last spoke?
Since then, I have finished the new Sam Larkin novel (this is the fourth in a series), begun a fiction novel loosely based on a disappearance on Hilton Head Island, SC and am still negotiating for the film screenplay with two people interested in an option.

Have you learnt any new wisdom?
New wisdom? I learn something new every day by keeping my ears and eyes and mind open. I study other writers who I respect and invite critiques on what I am working on from a select group of writer friends. And, I continue to watch the “world walk by in its curious shoes.”
Have you become a better writer? If so, how?
I guess the new book will tell. I certainly hope so. I approach every sentence as a learning experience and an adventure. Something taught to me by my college bud, Tom Robbins, who first encouraged me to write. I have also learned to slow down and become more critical of my own work.

What are you working on at the moment?
Right now I am proofing the Larkin manuscript again and working with my P.R person for advertising strategies for the release of the book. I am also consulting with my website designer on a new website to coincide with the release of the book.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more?
The new Sam Larkin novel falls in the psychological suspense category and has a great deal of information regarding personal isolation and prison, though it is not a prison novel. It is set in 1982 in South Carolina, Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania and San Francisco. The opening line is: “It was the first visitor he had had in twenty-eight years.” Sam continues his role as an enigmatic man and Karen Chaney faces the question of leaving the D.E.A.

For more information check the website at carltsmith.com and the blog at carltsmithblog.blogspot.com. You can also visit me and ask questions on the blog. I am also on Facebook (facebook.com/carltsmithfanpage), Twitter @carltsmith and, of course, GoodReads.

Purchase Books by Carl T Smith on Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment