Wednesday 5 February 2014

Guest Author Interview - May Goodworth

In today's guest author interview I welcome May Woodworth, find out what she has to say below:

 
Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
Hi Michael, Thanks for interviewing me. I’m May. I classify myself as addicted to writing, a nature girl, homesteader, and lover of love. I divide my time equally between those pursuits.

What first inspired you to start writing?
Pain from a broken relationship and unrequited love triggered the initial need to write 3 years ago. I used writing as a form of therapy. I discovered a passion for releasing emotion through the written word. My first tale was self -published simply so I could hold the finished product. Holding it marked the end of the grieving process. Once I held that book I was hooked. I went on to write over a dozen adult only romances over the past 3 years under a pen name.

If you could make all of my readers read one book (not one of your own), which would it be and why?
Two books: The Secret(Rhonda Byrne) & The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success (Deepak Chopra) Both books personally led me on a path of deeper spiritual awakening & peace.

What do you bring to your stories that makes them stand out?
I hope they stand out because they are truthful. My tales are more often girl & boy connect (or girl & girl), realize how screwed up they are and part. They cannot move on to a healthy relationship until they change their ways. I believe that we all have personal responsibility in relationships. We are not victims. There is no blame, no good guys or bad guys. The truth is, we all have control.

What is your favourite word?
Luscious

What is the best piece of writing advice you have received?
From Stephen King: "Read and write four to six hours a day. If you cannot find the time for that, you can't expect to become a good writer." Of course I follow this because, dayum, if Stephen doesn't let up on his work ethics, who the hell am I to?

Where did the idea for your latest book come from?
The inspiration for HEART OF THE HURRICANE came from a separation from my true love & best friend. When he walked away from me he forced me to face situations I had been avoiding. I wrote HEART OF THE HURRICANE to help me during the grieving & subsequent healing process. I also pursued HEART OF THE HURRICANE’s publication in audio-book because of him. He is not an avid reader, teaching me that while most people love stories, not everyone likes to read. That notion never even crossed my mind. I chose Nova Scotia as the setting because it is one of my favorite places on the planet :-)

What are you working on at the moment?
After a summer of exploring the south, I have resettled back in New England for the fall & winter. I am working on the release of a mature audience holiday anthology, Season 2 of HEART OF THE HURRICANE, and my first children’s book.

 I would like to add that I am working on projects that combine literature and music. My first collaboration is with the amazing Roger Palmer. PALMER’S MUSIC instrumental piece AT FIRST LIGHT is the intro & outro for every episode of Season 1 HEART OF THE HURRICANE. I hope he will provide the music for Season 2 as well *fingers crossed* His music >> http://www.reverbnation.com/palmer7

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
HEART OF THE HURRICANE is being released in weekly episodes/chapters every Tuesday from September to December 2013. Each week subscribers can listen or read each episode, and download them to their electronic devices. A short 2014 season 2 is in the works. The complete paperback & audiobook will be available in 2014.

https://bigworldnetwork.com/site/series/heartofthehurricane/

My social networks:
https://www.facebook.com/MayBWilde
https://twitter.com/MayWoodworth
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/21360932-may-woodworth
http://mayrising.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment