Monday 7 April 2014

Guest Author Interview - Lisa Osina

Lisa Osina, author of 'A Wolf Song' joins me in today's guest author interview, find out more about her and her book below:

Click on image to purchase from Amazon

Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
I am Lisa Osina, Shaman, Author and tax paraprofessional. I a multi-national and have lived in N. California since 1991.

What first inspired you to start writing? 
I was inspired to write A Wolf Song on 11/11/11 when the story was imparted to me during a meditation. Over the course of one year I received the story in installments every weekend.

And what motivates you to keep writing? 
I was compelled to write A Wolf Song every weekend morning. At one point the characters took over and would haunt me if I didn't write. The story and it's characters came alive for me and it was more a matter of trust than motivation that brought me to my keyboard each week.

If you could spend a day with anyone from history, who would it be and why? 
Florence Nightingale and Joan of Arc. They were both women who changed the perception of woman in the world, they were both women in service during challenging times. They lived from their heart and intuition and that's a good act to follow.

What is it about your writing that stands out? 
My writing, though simple in vocabulary is complex in nature and provides an environment in which to heal. The technique based on the indigenous twisted hair story telling method I based on the medicine wheel and the powers of the four directions. This method provides an alchemy for the reader which opens them to light and love.

What is your favourite word? 
Love

Where is your happy place? 
In the present

What are you working on at the moment? 
I'm currently publicizing A Wolf Song and will start its sequel in the New Year. Meanwhile, tax season looms on the horizon in my daily life!

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
A Wolf Song is a healing story about a multidimensional, dual-life journey of tragedy, gratitude and forgiveness. Its key characters-Hanna and Margaret; their "spirit" wolves, Nano and Nala; family members; and teacher Trudy Goodenough-meet every ten years under Trudy's guidance and the wolves' whims. The story begins at childbirth; the girls meet nearing their tenth birthday and discover their wolf spirits under a jump rope. Each chapter contains a verse which reveals the lessons of each chapter. Ordered to meet every ten years by the wolves, Hanna and Margaret meet at twenty in Wales and in New York City at thirty. Nano and Nala are not necessarily balanced. Their karmic rites spill over into the young women's lives. One of the wolf spirits wreaks havoc at a public event, and a battle between light and darkness ensues

Links are as follows:

www.lisaosina.com

http://bookstore.balboapress.com/Products/SKU-000677539/A-Wolf-Song.aspx
Click here to purchase A wolf Song from Amazon


1 comment: