Friday 11 April 2014

Guest Author Interview - S.C. Ellington

S.C. Ellington, the author of 'Unsettled' joins me for today's guest author interview, discover more about her and her writing below:

Click on image to purchase from Amazon

Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
My name is S.C. Ellington. I am an up and coming author who enjoys expressing my creativity through frequently writing adult, contemporary romance novels that readers can relate to, but more importantly, enjoy.

Aside from writing, I enjoy curling up with my e-reader and absorbing myself in novels loaded with emotion, desire, and passion. I also like to spend sunny, wistful afternoons, in my hammock thinking up new ideas for great stories.

I currently reside on the west coast with my beautiful family and loving friends.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I found pleasure in writing short poems and things of that nature. For a while I considered medical school, then law school, but for me, those professions were more of a means to earn a substantial living. My father always told me to choose a profession that I didn't feel like would be “work.” I ended up doing the opposite and pursued my Masters degree in Public Policy and Administration. From that point I acquired a position within the government. Over the course of the last few years, I found myself yearning for me. I would say that the day my husband brought me the Kindle was the day that my life and outlook changed. I started thinking back on my father’s words and what I found joy in. I've always been an avid reader, and many close friends always told me that they thought I wrote well. About a year ago, a tiny light bulb went off, propelling me to pursue my creative passion for writing. Had it not been for the ever evolving world of self-publishing, I am not sure that I would have ever seriously pursued my dreams of becoming a published author.

And what attracted you to romance?
I have always been a sucker for love stories. I'm the person who can watch The Notebook over and over and still get all warm and mushy inside. I can watch series like Burn Notice and find the romantic twist in the plot and storyline. I have to catch myself when I start yelling "noooo" at the television.

If you could write anybody's biography, whose would it be and why?
I would write the biography of my grandparents. Both had vastly different lives, but managed to forge paths that I find to be very inspiring.

What makes your stories stand out compared to others in your genre?
The best compliment I've gotten about my storyline that I agree with is that the characters are believable. My goal throughout this whole endeavor is to make the reader not want the novel to end. Based on many of the reviews I've received, I think I've accomplished my goal. When a reader emails me and says they're saddened that the book is over, I know I've done a good job of drawing them in.

What is the best writing tip you've received?
"You won't please everyone."

Which author do you most admire and why?
This is a hard question. So many have influenced my writing style, authors and readers alike.

What are you working on at the moment?
I am working on publicizing Unsettled. I am also writing the second installment of the Unsettled trilogy.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
Unsettled is about a girl, Brooklyn Caldwell and her love interest, Logan Colton. Unsettled will be available on iBooks, Barnes and Noble and Amazon on December 10, 2013.

Synopsis:
After a horrific breakup with her longtime boyfriend, Brooklyn is completely disenchanted with the notion of mingling with the opposite sex. Damon Williams had been everything she thought she wanted…until he wasn't.

In an attempt to escape her heartbreaking past, Brooklyn seeks refuge in bustling Washington, D.C. where she folds into the fast-paced society unnoticed…until she meets a young entrepreneur, Logan Colton.

Brooklyn is surprised to find that while she has been successful in keeping the opposite sex at bay, somehow she is defenseless against Logan’s confidence and charm—and it doesn't hurt that he is absurdly beautiful. While thrilled with Logan’s candor, Brooklyn hesitates, as she can’t seem to move past the heartache that she suffered at the hands of Damon.

As much as Logan didn't plan on pursuing her, he is drawn to Brooklyn’s muted beauty and her witty persona. For all his success, Logan is ensnared in the coveted world of unequivocal wealth and power, but behind closed doors is taunted by demons and an undeniable need to atone for a monumental mistake.

As the two embark on a tumultuous obstacle course saturated with unknown twists and turns, Brooklyn is left to question whether she can endure the journey ahead.

Click here to purchase Unsettled from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment