Friday 9 May 2014

Guest Author Interview - Terrence J Goodchild

Terrence J Goodchild, author of 'Dam Head Farm' joins me in today's guest author interview, discover more about him and his writing below:



Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
Terrence J Goodchild, I was born in Manchester in the UK, worked in the construction industry and then in the Automotive trade and ran my own business, Came to Australia in 1988 with my wife and daughter, where I worked for Mercedes Benz, Lada Australia, Kenworth and then International Iveco, we now have farm in The Tamar Valley in Tasmania.

What first inspired you to start writing?
When I lived in the UK my brother and I were put in an orphanage, he was seven and I was ten, the time was very traumatic and since then I have had nightmares and dreams, now I put them into stories and then into books, my first novel was Jacob Foley which is about an orphanage and what went on, and every time I have a dream a new book appears.

If you could write anybody's biography, whose would it be and why?
I would write a biography about Barack Obama, as he is the one who really has inspired a Nation, being the first black American president after all the black slaves and immigrants have been through, he must rank as one of the best, you never know the next president may be an American Indian, won’t that be something.

What is it about your stories that makes them stand out?
I hope what makes my stories stand out is there are a lot of truths in them as each one is a story about a part of my life, the people I have met and places I have travelled to.

What was the last book you enjoyed?
The last book I enjoyed was Tobias and the Angel, by Frank Yearby 

Every author loves receiving a good review, what has been your favourite so far?
I have only had one review, Dam Head Farm, four stars as I don’t really know how to get reviews.

What is the best piece of writing advice you have received?
The best advice I received was, write for you and if one person in the world reads it then be proud of that book.

What are you working on at the moment?
The book I am writing on at the moment is of course a dream, The Soul of Gordy Fitzsimmons, my 13th book, it is supernatural themes in a house bought by a brother and sister to turn into a night club.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
My latest book is the second book of Dam Head Farm, it is called Dam Head Farm The Return, and is on Amazon, and is a crime thriller.

My web page is www.tezmannovels.com there is an about me page if you wanted to read it

Books by Terence J Goodchild on Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment