Monday 26 May 2014

Murder Drabbles - Keeping the Story Straight


The latest in the Murder Drabbles series has been posted in the Indie Book Bargains newsletter (you can sign up for the newsletter here: http://www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk). If you've missed the previous drabbles (a drabble is a story that is exactly 100 words long) then you can read them all here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/murder-drabbles.html

Keeping the Story Straight

The two detectives questioned me all afternoon, my earlier evasiveness had caught their attention so now I had to placate them with truth.

I told them I’d been in the park, but I hadn’t seen anything and that I hadn’t said anything because I hadn’t known about the murder. I think the fat one intuited that I wasn’t saying everything, but I stuck to my story and without evidence they couldn’t hold me.

Eventually they let me go, that wouldn’t be the end, so I would have to be much more careful the next time I indulged in my delights.

No comments:

Post a Comment