Wednesday 25 June 2014

Blog Shout Out - Cas Blomberg

For this week's blog shout out we pay a visit to Cas Blomberg's blog. Discover more about this blog in her own words below:


My name is Cas and I’m a former police officer, gamer, and currently exhausted mother who decided to explore the world. Last fall when the kids began school, and I made the decision to turn to writing full time, I created a business plan. I know, I’m a geek. What can I say? The police officer still living inside of me needed to see stats and details--not to mention dates, times and a list of witnesses. When I began plugging in the details for a marketing plan, I knew I needed a blog. So on one chilly April morning, I sat down and created my own space. (http://casblomberg.wordpress.com/)

I learned a lot those first few weeks. I learned that ‘tags’ was not a strange internet game played by popping up on someone’s computer monitor, tapping them on the shoulder and running away laughing. I learned that no matter how many times I proof a post, without fail AFTER it’s published I’ll notice two other mistakes and need to go back in to correct them. And I learned widgets were not tiny creatures trying to control my brain. All in all, it’s been so much fun!

It’s been almost two months since I started the blog, and I try to post at least twice a week. I don’t have a pre-planned schedule of what I’m going to write about. I envy people who do this, but I just can’t do it. Believe me, I try it. I go to bed and think about posting a series on storms or eco-friendly wizards. When I wake up, for some reason I’m compelled to write about my daughter’s writing phase. As a result, my posts will span a variety of interests. Of course, I write about my journey as a writer, things that inspire me, and even setbacks. My most popular posts, not to mention my own favorites, are:

What Writing Teaches Us (http://casblomberg.wordpress.com/2014...), where I talk about my daughter’s writing journey,

The launch announcement for an additional content page called Jakob’s Journal (http://casblomberg.wordpress.com/2014...).

I also love the post Publishing Launch Weekend (http://casblomberg.wordpress.com/2014...), mainly because it commemorates the launch of my first novel.

At the moment, simplicity is the theme for my blog. I have a static page, complete with a photograph of some ruins in Visby, Sweden (beautiful place). An about page, where folks can read more about me, and all of my blog posts pop up on a Blog page.

I’m excited to announce a new page on the blog. I’ve recently added a section called Jakob’s Journal. Jakob Borchain is one of the priests in my novel, Ashborne. When his city falls under siege, Jakob risks his life to protect a handful of survivors. His story wasn’t told in the novel, but as I read through his notes I realize how important it is for his voice to be heard. I’ve never done anything like this before, so I’m excited to see the response. So far, it’s been fantastic!

I can’t wait to see where it all leads =).

No comments:

Post a Comment