Monday 16 June 2014

Guest Author Interview - Andy Peloquin

In today's guest author interview I am joined by fantasy author Andy Peloquin. You can find out more about him and his writing below:

Click on image to buy from Amazon


Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
My name in Andy Peloquin, and I'm a freelance writer as well as a first-time author. I write marketing copy, blog posts, and articles by day, and by night I hammer away at my novels.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I come from a very creative family, filled with amazing musicians, artists, painters, and designers. I have zero artistic skills, but I use my words as my paintbrush. It is my creative outlet.

And what attracted you to writing fantasy?
The freedom of creativity. With historical fiction, romance, and other books set in our world, there are limits. You have to stick within the confines of the world around us. With fantasy, your creativity is only constrained by your imagination. I have a pretty oblique, twisted imagination, and I think it shows through my writing.

If you could spend a day with anyone from history, who would it be and why?
Whoever burned down the library at Alexandria. I'd kill him and stop him from destroying the treasure of knowledge that was lost.

Where did the idea for your latest book come from?
I've always loved the concept of Atlantis, Lemuria, Mu, and anything given the name "Forbidden", "Lost", or "Secret". It came from the idea of creating a world where anything was possible, and yet within the confines of the world in which we live.

What do you find most rewarding about writing?
The creative outlet. I write the stories that I wish I could read, and I put out there the things that I like. Every time I find someone who enjoys it alongside me, it's incredibly gratifying.

And the most challenging?
Sitting down and writing. I have four kids of school age, which takes up a lot of my time. I also write for a living, so it's tough to sit at a computer and type for so many hours in addition to my regular work hours.

What are you working on at the moment?
I'm starting on a new fantasy novel series about a legendary assassin-for-hire named The Hunter. The title of the first book will be Blade of the Demon, a name that has three meanings (which will be made clear when you read the book). I originally conceived it as a graphic novel series, but I believe it will be better suited for book format.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
My latest work is called In the Days: A Tale of the Forgotten Empire

The Empire of Atlantis: the most powerful nation in the world. Peace reigns across the continent, and an age of prosperity and enlightenment has made the Empire the center of the globe. 

But, beneath the peaceful façade of life in the Imperial City, trouble is brewing. Assassins lurk in the shadows, intrigue abounds in the court of the Empress. Will political ambitions topple the House of Tah, or could the threat be one much more sinister in nature? Dark forces threaten the land, and the future of the Empire is at stake. 

One man is shown a glimpse into the future--a future that could be, or the future that is destined to come?
This is the tale of the last days of the great Empire - the Empire that the world forgot. This is the story of Atlantis, in the days when it ceased to be.


You can find it on Amazon here.

It is also available via my personal website: http://www.andypeloquin.com

You can find out more via my social media accounts:

https://www.facebook.com/andyqpeloquin

https://twitter.com/AndyPeloquin

No comments:

Post a Comment