Monday 30 June 2014

New Drabble - Life of a Prayer (Believer Version)


The second drabble from the Life of a Prayer pair has been posted in the Indie Book Bargains newsletter (Visit http://www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk/ to sign up for the newsletter). The first drabble was the Atheist version and can be found here along with my other dtabbles that aren't part of a longer series:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/100-word-stories.html

Life of a Prayer (Believer Version)

From my heart comes the pain, a physical thing too terrible to bear.

From my mind emerges understanding of my suffering and the desire to be whole once more.

From my lips issue the words of my prayer, my dream for a life reborn anew.

Through God’s ears he comprehends the anguish that my lips have spoken.

Through God’s great benevolence he provides comfort and hope in a world that has none.

Through God’s wisdom I understand a world greater than the darkness around me.

Day by day I am comforted and from grief’s long night dawn rises once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment