Sunday 1 June 2014

Tales of the Imp - While the Cat's Away



The latest drabble (a 100 word story) in the Tales of the Imp series was posted in Friday's Indie Book Bargains newsletter. Visit www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk to sign up for the newsletter and receive a daily drabble and UK Kindle bargains.

If you haven't read the previous drabbles in the series then you can read them all here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/tales-of-imp.html

If you want to read the origin story for the Imp, you'll find it in the Off the KUF collection of short stories:

http://amzn.to/1nT0qo2

While the Cat’s Away

Happy days are here to stay! The Imp departed on secret business, I had the whole night without his interference.

I wore my cleanest shirt; a bit rumpled, but never mind. A splash of aftershave and I was ready. I arrived at the restaurant an hour early, so did she.

Drinks and food passed by in a blur and here we are in the bedroom and oh my word I’m trembling with excitement. She is too; it’s going to be amazing. Naked we embrace and an unwelcome shrill voice pipes into my ear.

“What’s going on here then?”

Damn him!

No comments:

Post a Comment