Thursday 10 July 2014

ABC Drabbles of Death - J is for Jump



The ABC Drabbles of Death skipped a beat last week, but it's back with a vengence this week as we reach the letter 'J'. This one is another taken from my past and it's what I wonder went through her mind before she jumped. If you haven't read the previous drabbles in the series then you can find them all here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/welcome-to-first-drabble-in-my-new.html

And if you're looking for more short or flash fiction then come and join the Facebook group dedicated to those forms of story telling:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shortfictionreadersandwriters/

J is for Jump

It’s a long way down and at the sight I almost lose my nerve. It’s almost funny really. I climbed all the way up here to make sure that the drop would kill me and now I’m afraid of falling.

Maybe this is a sign.

Not that it matters. This is the only choice left to me. My eyes fill with tears, but they are selfish tears for me alone. No-one else will lament for me.

That is the real sign for what must be done. One last moment of pain and then nothing more.

I step off the ledge…

No comments:

Post a Comment