Thursday 5 February 2015

Drabbles of Art - The Seven Deadly Sins and the Four Last Things by Hieronymus Bosch


For this week's Drabbles of Art piece I've chosen Hieronymus Bosch's masterpiece 'The Seven Deadly Sins and the Four Last Things'. With a work like this I had no difficulty coming up with a suitable drabble!

If you haven't read the other drabbles in the series then you can find them all here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/as-promised-in-last-weeks-final-post-in.html

The Seven Deadly Sins and the Four Last Things by Hieronymus Bosch

Wrath casts its flame, its power casting those against me into rout.
Pride lifts me above all others, without the slightest doubt.

Eager lust quickens my pulse, warming my loins with a sweet sensual kiss.
Gentle sloth traps my limbs, wrapped in a cage of slumbers’ embrace.

My hollow gut heralds gluttony, an aching hunger never to be ended.
Encompassing greed consumes me, without hope of ever being sated. 

My doom is sealed with envy’s lesson that all I desire can never be mine.
And for my seven deadly sins I’ll enjoy the torments of hell’s fire for all time.

3 comments: