Thursday 11 July 2013

Guest Authors Revisited - Xavier Edwards

Back in November 2012 I interviewed Xavier Edwards, you can see his original interview here. Today he joins me again so we can learn what he's been up to since then.



What has changed in your life since we last spoke?
Probably the biggest thing that changed in the last several months was that I had a major project that I had to lead, which meant I had to reduce the time I spent writing. I was working 18+ hours a day, 7 days a week on the project, so I barely had any time for anything else. It has taken a couple of weeks to find my feet again with my writing and I am still finding my touch again.

The books I released while in the middle of the massive crunch period were interesting, to say the least, but I do feel that my muse is back with me, and I am continuing to transition to longer stories. My next release will be around 13,000+ words, and one not long after that is looking like it might break through 15,000 words.

Have you leant any new wisdom?
Good and bad surprises happen all the time. You can't always prepare for them, but how you deal with them will shape your future, and how other perceive you. I have encountered many of both in the last several months, and it has been the positive reaction to bad surprises which has benefited me the most in the long run.

Have you become a better writer? If so, how?
I think so. One of the things that the project required was development of a massive technical document which, once complete, ran to over 200,000 words, as well as several weeks of accompanying training material. I feel that this has helped me with the pace of my writing, reducing the period between thought and expression for when I am on a roll, but also given me the courage to accept that sometimes 0 words written is a good writing day.

I have seen this with my subsequent writing, where 1,500+ words is now considered to be a light day.

What are you working on at the moment?
Not a lot. I am going to be taking a few weeks break now that the massive project has ended, and will probably spend some of that time writing. I am fleshing out some of my earlier story ideas and, as the muse re-establishes herself, I am finding some new story concepts coming through.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
I don't know when this will be published, but the latest book that has come out / is coming out is a novella about a couple who have come together via shared time at the gym. The gym is also where they spend their sensual time together. The first part was released a few months back, but now the story has been completed, and the first part is going free.

No comments:

Post a Comment